Wednesday, May 21, 2008

lexington

Saturday was my first race with the new team.

Actually, my first race with Olympus was at bull run 2 weeks ago. Buth the course was a nightmare, from a safety standpoint, and they had to cancel it after the 1st of 5 laps. If only someone had emailed them in January and told them. Wait! I did email them in January and told them about potential safety issues with the course!!! After the cancellation they said we could get our money back if we couldn't do the make up race. Now they are back pedalling on that.

On to Lexington. I was excited to do my first crit of the year, especially with 4 teammates. It went really well. In the master's race, I made the first break. It was a real struggle to get across, but I did. In the past, without teammates, I wouldn't have tried this. But I knew I had support in the field so I decided to risk it.

It didn't go too well in the break. I was on the rivet and when the field closed back in, I sat up. I swear that I thought we were caught. The rest of the guys kept going.

Some redemption, though, Doug set me up perfectly and I won the field sprint.

The 3/4 race was a free for all. I ended up fighting through to mix it up in the field sprint. 6th again.

There are now 3 Olympus guys in the top ten Ohio crit rankings.

No comments: