Monday, January 5, 2009

Last Year, This Year

I took the fall off. Really off. Didn't eat well. Didn't sleep well. Didn't work out at all. I had team mates knocking out 4 rides in mid-December while I was watching TV and knocking back Mt. Dews. And along with no cycling came no blogging about cycling.

So with the new year I've started taking the steps needed to be in racing shape when the real racing starts. Part of this is writing out the Annual Training Plan (based on Friel's model). I take last year's and adjust the dates and races and off we go.

On the top of the sheet is the Season Goals. Last year's were:
Podium at Grandview
Podium at Westerville
Podium at Tour d'Burg

Now get a load of this.
4th at Grandview (less than a wheel out of 2nd.)
3rd at Westerville
2nd at Tour d'Burg (2 days after the birth of the 3rd kid!!! Yeah, the coach is too cool.)

I know, I didn't win any, but that's a great cycling season in my book. And now I know how Zabel feels.

Those races are important for my team, so I will have to keep the same goals for next year.

After the coach approves the training plan (and the various race dates), I'll post my training plan.

No comments: